Now it happened, when Sanballat, Tobiah, the Arabs, the Ammonites, and the Ashdodites heard that the walls of Jerusalem were being restored and the gaps were beginning to be closed, that they became very angry. Nehemiah 4:7
Nehemiah came to Jerusalem to help rebuild her waste places and to restore her former glory, at a time when the children of Israel had only returned from their captivity in Babylon. But the enemy (devil), using two human agents, fought tooth and nail to try and stop the work, because he is an enemy of progress who would not fold his arms and watch believers make any headway in their pursuits.
That same enemy prowls about today using various tactics to distract believers from accomplishing their dreams in life. He comes with lies, introduces doubt in your mind about the promises of God concerning you, employs mockery, fear, lack, illness, discouraging words, delay, etc., just so he can stop you from reaching your goals.
Beat the enemy like Nehemiah and his team:
- Maintain a Prayerful vigilance (vs4) – always pray about your assignment and bind the enemy in the place of prayer. God has given you victory over Satan.
- Have a mind to work (vs6) – an idle hand is the devil’s workshop. Keep busy at your goals. Do not get caught in the distractions the enemy is throwing your way. God will prosper the works of your hands.
- Through it all, stay calm and maintain your peace in Christ. This will confuse the devil (and his agents) and cause him to back off.
Job 5:12, Psalm 9:3-6 & Colossians 2:15
* In the name of Jesus, come against the onslaught of the devil against your progress in life.
* Declare every device of the enemy against you frustrated, so they won’t be able to perform their enterprise against you.