The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. ~ Psalm 23:1
David, being a shepherd himself, understood what it meant to take care of sheep. He used the shepherd/sheep illustration to tell of God’s goodness to us in this Psalm.
Important truths to note about this psalm:
1. God is concerned about your well being and wants to be Jehovah JIREH (Provider) to you. He does not want you to suffer any lack; He seeks your satisfaction.
2. God is a Good Shepherd who does not want you running around in life without achieving much. He wants to order your steps to places where you can make profit.
3. When you miss your way (make wrong choices) as sheep often do, God will bring you back to the right track. When you are sick, He will restore your health and will revive you when you faint.
4. In times of difficulty, God will be with you. He will walk you out of every valley (because He knows the way out) and give you consolation for any grief.
5. The will of God is for you to live in overflowing blessings. He has put the oil of favor on you that will never run dry. Your enemies will always be put to shame.
6. Only goodness and mercy are permitted to follow you because the presence of God indwells you.
These promises of God are not obsolete. Jesus the Good Shepherd laid His life down for you to experience all these. So expect nothing less!
May the Lord MAINTAIN your lot this MONDAY!
Psalm 34:8-10, Psalm 37:23-25 & Isaiah 41:10-13.
Declare the promises of this Psalm over your life today.